Thursday, December 24, 2009 | Posted by Jay
I love snow. And I love snowboarding (even though I suck at it). So of course I couldn't resist when I got an email about a ski trip my college friends were planning last week - Big Bear, here I come!
This was my third time snowboarding, and I was trying to learn how to make "the turn." I was so determined to get it right, I ended up in the hospital this year >D.
Here's how it happened:
Pictures! I had my friend take the ones of me going into the helicopter *w*
- Turned on the snowboard (yesh, I did it!)
- Forgot the brakes were in the front, not the back
- Flipped backwards
- Hit my ass
- Hit my head
- Sat there in the snow for not sure how long
- Friend found me
- I started feeling queasy and threw up about 5 times
- Couldn't see anything (hit the back of my head, the part that controls vision)
- Fire department came to the rescue
- Got snowmobiled down the mountain (very bumpy)
- Had my first ambulance ride
- Stayed for a few hours at Emergency Room #1, got my brain scanned
- Diagnosis: bleeding in brain, got anti-seizure IV pumped into me (that shit burns!)
- Got helicoptered (which was friggen awesome!) to Emergency Room #2 (a bigger hospital)
- Stayed 2 nights, milked my health insurance for some 5 years of monthly payments
- Denied food and water for first night (that was just Evil), but got ice chips from the nice male nurse
- Learned all the functions of the buttons of the latest hospital beds
- Got some freebie novels to read, courtesy of the hospital library
- Spent last night in hospital hotel (fully-equipped with 24-hour nurse service, personal shower/bathroom, TV, food, and pain-killers by needlepoint)
More Weblog Entries
TJN's got a new facelift! We're now upgraded AWAY from the stone ages - faster code, dividers, organized styling...I'... Read more?
Tips To Save On Gas
If you remember gas prices shooting up in 2007, well, there were a bunch of emails like this floating around. Instead... Read more?
Making a Website for the First Time
I've received quite a few emails over the years TJN has been up and running (and while it was known as Dragonrain before... Read more?
New Server 2011
If you're seeing this post, that means that TJN has successfully been relocated to the new server.
Thanks to ... Read more?
Every Conscious Hour of February 1st 2011
When I first heard about Hourly Comics from Gid, I was like "oh, that's a cool idea" and figured I'd join in for shits ... Read more?
Little Tweaks All Over The Place
Hello hello, I'm back with some site maintenance news and updates! A lot of small changes that filled up quite a few ... Read more?
SFX Translations 102
YAY FOR SFXs!!!Quite a few tweaks made in our SFX Translations section:A Stronger Search Engine - Fully-Compatible with ... Read more?
Well I was gonna dress up as Waldo originally - went to Costume Castle and everything to look for the Harry Potter style... Read more?
Tree at the Top of the Mountain
I've been having quite a few problems at home (which I commented on AP Clash 2010 during the final round post)...SOOO I ... Read more?
Mini Crab Chips
So I finally got around to hunting down the local Japanese market, Mitsuwa, and had Ramen there for the first time last ... Read more?
Who is behind TJN?
Read more about Jay
My name is Jay Lee, and I have traveled to the East Coast of the United States, studied in Kyoto, Japan for a time, and currently live in Southern California.
My preferred art mediums include: digital on adobe products, corel, web; fine on oil-on-canvas or charcoal; photography in black and white, with a focus on portraiture and music; and classical music on piano.
I work as a graphic designer and web developer with a primary interest in marketing, advertising, and business.